The fourth edition of A History of Germany, 1918-2014: ADivided Nation introduces students to the key themes of20th century German history, tracing the dramaticsocial, cultural, and political tensions in Germany since 1918. Nowthoroughly updated, the text includes new coverage of the Eurocrisis and a review of Angela Merkel’s Chancellorship.
- New edition of a well-known, classic survey by a leadingscholar in the field, thoroughly updated for a new generation ofreaders
- Provides an overview of the turbulent history of Germany fromthe end of the First World War through the Third Reich and beyond,examining the character and consequences of war and genocide
- Treats German history from 1918 to 2014 from the perspectivesof instability, division and reunification, covering East and WestGerman history in equal depth
- Offers important reflections on Angela Merkel’sChancellorship as it extends into a new term
- Concise, substantive coverage of this period make it an idealresource for undergraduate students